Tuesday, March 2, 2010

props!

So the props are coming along. I just added some color for a feel of what it will look like. Still a lot more texturing/UVing to do.

8 comments:

  1. Kidding kidding kidding...

    K, stuff's coming along guys. Glad to see you're making progress. I'd say the TV needs more work. It almost looks like an etch-a-sketch. I understand there's stylization in play here, but I think it still needs some tweaking. It needs to be thicker, and make that glass screen bow a bit more. Maybe a tiny bit boxier looking?

    I love the train set. Pleeease tell me you're going to make that track wood. I think I had this toy as a kid.

    Shelf's looking good too. Only crit here is there could be more variation in what's on it, but this can obviously be something you come back to later.

    Keep up the good work guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Raz about the TV. (Thanks Raz, I didn't know the name of "etch-a-sketch" before). Right now, it looks like that stuff.
    The white buttons might seem a bit too big, that add to the TV looks small and feels like etch-a-sketch.

    Just my 2 cents. Otherwise, everything's coming along nicely and keep up the good work!

    The train set looks cool! I had much simpler one made from plastic when I was little. This one looks way more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Raz. The TV does look similar to a etch-a-sketch. Also, I think that the TV's screen is too flat. Especially since the the TVs other features are so rounded.

    The shelves are looking great! I would just rotate some of the bins a little more and place a couple of them a little further from or closer to the edge of the shelves.

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys! I will also agree with what was already laid down. In addition, I think you need to push the messy-ness factor up. This is a little boys bedroom, so it would probably not be as clean.

    Maybe take one of the cubbies off of the toy shelf and have it spilling out on the floor or just nudges them around a bit more. Maybe you could make the books slide down (more horizontal) to make it look like he grabbed the book that was holding all of them up. Just suggestions though.

    Everything looks like it's coming along nicely! Keep trucking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jen, take half the stuff on the shelf and put it on the floor. Little details like knocking over a train or building on the train set would also help with the messy-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good comments folks! Agree with Raz on the TV--doesn't feel like a TV, just yet. Do people still use rabbit ears anymore?
    Great work on the tentacles--good patience with the painting. I know it was a pain, but it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the work that you guys have done, and I agree with everyone's comments so far. I'm left with very little to cover. Maybe you could emphasize the kid's personality through the items in the room a bit more. Right now I guess the scene feels like a daycare rather than a child's room because everything has it's place. For example, is he a hyperactive messy child or is he a nervous tidy child? I hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete